MOT your car or commercial vehicle with Carr and Griffiths
MOT Tests At Carr and Griffiths Only £39.95
We are local to Chester, Whitchurch, Wrexham, Nantwich and Tarporley and offer MOT tests at very competitive rates and you can book online or Call To Book Today
About Your MOT
The MOT Certificate
The MOT certificate confirms that at the time of the test, without dismantling it, the vehicle met the minimum acceptable environmental and road safety standards required by law. It doesn’t mean that the vehicle is roadworthy for the length of time the certificate is valid. The MOT certificate is also no guarantee of the general mechanical condition of your vehicle. The test doesn’t cover the condition of the engine, clutch or gearbox.
What the MOT test includes
The MOT looks at some important items on your car to see that they meet key legal requirements at the time of test.
- Body and vehicle structure – Is free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas and there are no sharp edges likely to cause injury.
- Bonnet – Securely latches in the closed position.
- Brakes – Their condition, operation and performance (efficiency test). Note the removal of the road wheels is not part of the test.
- Doors – Latch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors may need to be opened to gain access to testable items.
- Exhaust emissions – The vehicle meets the requirements for exhaust emissions, dependant on the age and fuel type of the vehicle.
- Exhaust system – Is secure, complete, without serious leaks and silences effectively.
- Fuel System – Has no leaks and the fuel cap fastens and seals securely. The fuel cap will need to be opened so be sure the key is available.
- Horn – Operates correctly and is of a suitable type.
- Lights – Their condition, operation and security. Headlamps for aim.
- Load security – Boot or tailgate can be secured in the closed position.
- Mirrors – The minimum numbers are on the vehicle, their condition and security.
- Registration plates – Their condition, security, characters correctly formed and spaced.
- Seat belts – All belts installed are checked for type, condition, operation and security. All compulsory seat belts must be in place.
- Seats – The front seats are secure. Front and rear backseats can be secured in the upright position.
- Steering and suspension – Are of a satisfactory condition and operation.
- Tyres and wheels – Their condition, security, size, type and tread depth. Spare tyres are not inspected.
- Vehicle identification number (VIN) – Is on vehicles first used on or after 1 August 1980. Not more than one different VIN is displayed except on multistage build vehicles.
- Wipers and washers – Operate to give the driver a clear view ahead.
- Windscreen – Its condition and the driver’s view of the road.
In order to have your vehicle MOT tested you must bring along your vehicles V5 document (log book).
Call us today to book your car in for an annual MOT test
What You’ll Need On The Day
You can book an MOT up to 28 days in advance of its due date. In fact it is not widely known that the expiry date on your new MOT is 12 months from the expiry of your old one. This means you could have an MOT that lasts 13 months.
Once you have booked your vehicle in for its MoT, remember to bring your Vehicle Registration Document – often referred to as the ‘V5′ document – and a means of paying the current fee.